Passion. Experience. Creativity. Diligence.
Vance Barse, CPWA®, AIF®
Wealth Strategist & Founder
I provide a more personal approach to fiduciary wealth management. In addition to investment management, I specialize in advanced strategies designed to help alleviate income and estate tax issues. I work closely with clients’ CPAs and estate planning attorneys to implement a variety of strategies that clients may not be aware of because their financial advisors don’t specialize in them. All I need is an opportunity to learn more about your situation to identify where my team can add value.
Ask yourself the following questions:
- Does my financial planner work with my estate planning attorney to develop my estate’s strategy?
- Does my financial planner work with my CPA to implement tax alleviation strategies and reduce my taxes?
- Am I one of the “lucky” business owners whose net worth is tied up in my business and I’m not sure how a financial planner can bring value because I don’t have much in investments?
- Given current valuations of stocks, real estate, and yes—even bonds—has my financial planner spoken with me about investment strategies that have historically helped reduce downside risk in periods like the Credit Crisis of ‘08 or the Tech Wreck of ‘00 – ‘02?
I have an unusual perspective on wealth management. I’ve seen the business from the inside. At Altegris, my clients were leading financial advisors at banks such as Merrill Lynch, Morgan Stanley, and UBS; independent broker-dealers such as LPL, Ameriprise, and Raymond James; registered investment advisers; and, family offices.
Not all financial advisors are the same. I have deep expertise in the services and strategies that financial advisors offer – and, more importantly, the services and strategies they often don’t offer. Who serves you can potentially make a big difference, particularly when it comes to complex planning strategies.
“Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans” – Allen Saunders
Roughly a decade into my career as an investment consultant, life took an unexpected turn when my grandmother, Eloise (“Red” for her fiery red hair), with whom I was very close, had a major stroke. The docs told me she couldn’t walk, could barely talk, and needless to say was miserable, so I resigned from my career to go spend time with her in the nursing home during what we thought would be her rehabilitation period.
Days turned into weeks, weeks turned into months, and it became apparent that she was permanently immobilized and never going home. In that time we shared together, we had countless heart-to-heart discussions on life, spirituality, family, happiness, and what truly matters in life. She emphasized how none of our material possessions can be taken to the “other side” and stressed the importance of living the life we want to live, not the life we or others think we have to live.
After she transitioned, I decided to ride across the country on one of my Harleys to make up for the lost time sacrificed while living out of a suitcase. It was an amazing journey! I rode to Manhattan, Miami, Chicago, the Space Needle, Yellowstone, the Ryman Auditorium, Colorado Rockies, Old Faithful, Mt. Rushmore, Jackson Hole, and ended up back in my beloved San Diego.
During that trip, I had ample windshield time to think about the financial services industry and where many financial advisors fall short when it comes to serving their clients. It was then that I decided to leverage the expertise acquired in my career to establish Your Dedicated Fiduciary®, a fiduciary financial planning firm with offices in San Diego and Dallas, and partner with Commonwealth Financial Network®, a leading RIA.
Years later, I am thankful to now live the life that I wanted to live. My wife, Jodi, our two children, Zander and Delaney, and I enjoy family time, sports, movies, music, and community. And, no, I no longer ride Harleys!
University of Maryland, B.S., Neurobiology & Neurophysiology.
- Wealth Strategist & Founder of Your Dedicated Fiduciary®
- Certified Private Wealth Advisor® (“CPWA®”) professional
- Accredited Investment Fiduciary® (“AIF®”) professional
- Investments & Wealth Institute™, Member
- The Financial Awareness Foundation, Ambassador
- San Diego Mastermind Group, Founder
- Professionals with Purpose, Vice President & Board Member
- Financial Planning Association, Member
- California Alternative Investments Association, Member
- California Society of CPAs – San Diego Chapter, Financial Professional Member & Board Member
- Golden Key International Honour Society, Member
- Rotary Club of Prosper, Rotarian
- Prosper Chamber of Commerce, Member
Vance Barse, CPWA®, AIF®, Wealth Strategist & Founder of Your Dedicated Fiduciary®
Get in touch
BOOK AN APPOINTMENT
Olivia LeBolt, CFP®
Associate Wealth Strategist
Director of First Impressions
Chicago Cubs. What else is there to say? When I’m not watching and rooting for my beloved Cubbies or running operations at the firm, I am practicing what the firm preaches: fostering family unity with my husband and our two children. We live for our Friday pizza nights and weekends together.